Hunter Wolfe Playing the Blues a little outside the Lines
Hunter Wolfe (Tulsa, OK) – National Slide Guitar Champion, two-time International Blues Challenge Showcase performer, and Blues Foundation Generation Blues recipient.
Hunter has performed with Legendary Mississippi Delta Bluesman, David Honeyboy Edwards at the famed Blues Alley in Washington, DC, and has opened for many major music acts including Robin Trower and Kansas.
He attended Fernando Jones’ Columbia College Blues Camp in Chicago, IL and subsequently did two speaking engagements at the College focused on playing the blues and the use of a slide in his music, and in the summer of 2009 Hunter embarked on his first overseas tour, a 10-engagement stint in London, England.
ARE, who co-wrote The Go album with Hunter stands strong in her own right. She has shared the stage with players such as Darrell Rose (Dave Matthews Band) and Bo Bobbic (The Clovers), and along with Hunter, sat in with the P-funk band Let The Monkey Go.
The Go is Hunter’s first full-length album, recorded by Bobby Read at Small World Audio near Wolfe’s current home in Virginia. In his 25 years of recording, Read has produced many records in several different genres and as the horn player for Bruce Hornsby, has two Gold Records to his credit.
For the genre bending The Go album, anchored by Hunter’s vocals and various guitar stylings and ARE’s signature drums, together creates a sound that sets them apart most other up and coming breakthrough Duos..
The Go also features guest artists and duets, one with Cassie Taylor who also played bass on three tracks.
Hunter Wolfe & ARE
"It's great! Hunter [Wolfe] is a really strong vocalist and knows his way around the guitar." - Bman's Blues Report
"Track 5 is Midnight Heat...Hunter takes the opportunity of a larger ensemble to throw down some tasty guitar licks, doubletracking himself over the basic riff." -Blues Blast Magazine, March 7, 2012
1. The Go (2:51) ARE: Drums, Hunter: Organ/Slide Guitar/Vocals
2. McKinley Morganfield (4:14) ARE: Drums, Hunter: Slide Guitar/Vocals
3. Make You Mine (2:32) ARE: Drums, Hunter: Slide Guitar/Vocals
4. Aberdeen (2:20) Hunter: Slide Guitar/Vocals
5. Midnight Heat (5:04) ARE: Drums, Hunter: Guitar/Slide Guitar,
Jackie Scott: Vocals, Cassie Taylor: Bass
6. Please Pay Attention (3:33) ARE: Drums, Hunter: Guitar/Vocals
7. Mr. White (2:40) ARE: Drums, Hunter: Guitar/Vocals
8. Man in the Woods (5:42) ARE: Drums, Hunter: Guitar/Vocals
9. Letter (2:49) ARE: Drums, Hunter: Guitar/Vocals
Cassie Taylor: Vocals/Bass
10. Your Death (is Killing Me) (3:05) ARE: Percussion/Drums, Hunter: Slide Guitar/ Vocals,
Cassie Taylor: Bass
11. Guiding Light (3:06) ARE: Percussion/Drums, Hunter: Acoustic Guitar/Guitar/Slide Guitar/Vocals
12. On The Tracks (3:16) ARE: Drums, Hunter: Slide Guitar/Bass/Traces/Vocals,
Lamar: Rap Vocals
13. 50’s Kay (2:02) Hunter & ARE: Stomping and Clapping, Hunter: Vocals,
All Songs/Lyrics written and recorded by Hunter Wolfe & ARE
Tracks: 5, 9, 10 Featuring Cassie Taylor, Bass, Courtesy of DMD Music
Track: 5 featuring Jackie Scott, Vocals
Track: 9 featuring Cassie Taylor, Vocal duet with Hunter Wolfe, Courtesy of DMD Music
Track: 12 featuring Lamar, Vocals
Track: 13 featuring LeeTee, Vocal duet with Hunter Wolfe
Executive Producer Hunter Wolfe
Produced by Hunter Wolfe
Tracks 5, 9, 10, Produced by Hunter Wolfe, Co-Produced by Cassie Taylor
Recorded, Mixed and Master by Bobby Read at Small World Audio
Cassie Taylor, Courtesy of DMD Music (Direct Music Distribution)
Copyright 2011 Hunter Wolfe All rights reserved BMI
Street Date: December 13, 2011
Shop More Stores:
Hunter Wolfe & ARE
Fans who like: David Honeyboy Edwards, Son House, Robert Johnson,
White Stripes, Black Keys, Cage the Elephant, Crash Kings, Band of Skulls.